Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Dentists, Pms, and why I now hate orange Kool-aid

It pretty much started a week ago, when my orthodontist said I needed braces because I had an overbite and my teeth didn't fit together properly.
Before that, I had always thought my teeth were fine, and no one had ever said they were weird before, until that guy did.

He made my teeth all sad.




Fortunately, I did not kill him. Unfortunately, a week later it was "my time of the month," so I was a little unstable about anything involving teeth.

I got spacers put in my back teeth, which are basically little blue rubber bands that they stick in between your teeth so you can't close your mouth properly. I let them do this without protest, because I was entranced by the dentist chair.

You know the ones. They are big and squishy and comfy, and dentists can magically make them go up and down and they have all those shiny buttons on the sides that you're not allowed to touch but god dammit you really want to because they look fun.

So I got the spacers put in, which took about 30 seconds, went home, and went to bed.

But I woke up the next morning and OH GOD THE PAIN IT HURTS TO EVEN TALK SOMEONE PLEASE KILL ME NOW AAAAAUUUGGHHH!
I had only gotten a few hours of sleep, I had severe pms, and now I couldn't eat anything all day, except a ton of orange Kool-Aid, which tasted like an angry cat but seemed to be the only thing I could drink.

Later that day, I drew this:
It was brought on by either my horrible pms, lack of sleep, or maybe the Kool-Aid was spiked. Probably all 3.

So I can't drink orange Kool-Aid any more, not that I liked it much anyway. On the plus side, I do know what I want for christmas. I'm getting one of those dentist chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment