Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gratitude in blog form

Just wanted to thank everyone for the amazing comments, messages, texts, and hugs. All of you rock :')

I've had a lot of problems, and they still get to me, but everyone has been amazing and I'm glad I was able to make some people think.

So as long as I'm anti-bullying posterchild for the day...

I don't want to sound emo, or like I'm not extremely lucky, but I know how bullying can affect people, through the rest of their lives. I know what it's like to cry at night and have issues with talking to people and making friends even years later, just because of some stupid rumors and how much they made you hate yourself and believe they were true.

Every time I talk to someone, even close friends and people I know are awesome, I feel like they'll hate me and think I'm stupid if I say the wrong thing or act the wrong way.

And the thing is, I know a lot of other people feel like that too, because of comments made that really hurt, whether the person knows they're doing it or not. I'm willing to bet everyone has at some point.

I'm not saying everyone is a horrible person, or the world sucks, or anything like that. I'm just saying that sometimes people don't think about how offhand comments rumors can hurt people as much as they do.

So next time you say something mean or start a rumor, just think about how much it would suck if that was said about you, and what it would feel like if you had to take that.

Do it for yourself, for the people you care about, and for everyone who bullying has hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment